06 Jun WE’RE RECRUITING – LEAD BREWER
Wilde Child Brewing Co. was founded in April 2016 by Keir McAllister-Wilde, a homebrewer of 6 years and a commercial Brewer of 2 years experience. The main aim was to produce strong and interesting beers on his 1 barrel kit in a market predominantly saturated by ‘safe and middle of the road’ beverages. 26 months and 3 awards later we’ve finally transitioned up to a 2,000 square foot industrial unit only a stone’s throw away from Leeds City Centre (Armley); and now run a 10 brewers barrel Brew House complete with 2 semi-flat bottom FV’s and 2 presuure tested Unitanks so we can produce up to 40BBL of cask and keg beer per week. Things have gone from strength to strength over the past 3 months and as well as securing some major key accounts locally, we’re also sending out several pallets of beer to wholesalers (nationwide) each month and picking up an average of 3 new customers per week at present.
Wilde Child Brewing is looking for a hard working, organised and experienced Brewer to join the ever growing team that is able to solve problems and work unsupervised. The Lead Brewer will work closely with the Director/Head Brewer in terms of planning the production of beer as well as developing new products and helping to implement processes as the Company grows. The Lead Brewer will oversee and delegate the duties of the Brewery Assistant on a weekly basis as well.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience in the role of a commercial Brewer and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Wort Production
- Yeast Management
- Following industry standard cleaning regimes and maintaining functionality of the Brew House
- Recipe production
- Working on your own or as part of a team
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility of production of wort
- Record and log all brew information
- Responsibility of ordering raw materials and chemicals
- Gravity checks and actions on a rotational weekend basis
- Consistently reinforce quality across brewing processes and products
- Cask and keg filling
- Deliveries (FULL CLEAN LICENCE IS ESSENTIAL)
- Manual handling on a regular basis
- Delegate jobs out to other members of the Brew House team
- Helping out on Brewery open days
- Attending trade and meet the brewer events
- Monitor competition through social media, news and market research to stay on top of current trends within the industry
- Seek out educational opportunities in the form of written material and courses to constantly improve your knowledge of the brewing process
- Act as a Company ambassador when attending social outings and aiming to make people aware of Wilde Child Brewing
Working hours will be 8-4.30pm Monday-Thursday and 8-4pm on a Friday (although if the weeks work is done by 2pm on a Friday, then we all go home). The applicant should (however) be prepared to work extra hours if the business demands.
For the right person, this is a very exciting opportunity to join this young company with the potential to go far over the coming months and years.
Expected start date for this role will ideally be some time at the beginning of August.
All applicants should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Midday on Sunday 24th June.
What we offer:
There will be a 3 month probationary period which will allow both parties to decide if they have made the right decision. In return we will offer the following:
- Starting salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday + all bank holidays and some time off at Christmas (to be discussed)
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly beer allowance